Statcounter

Thursday, March 17, 2016

How Organizing Your Closet Can Bring Balance to Your Whole Life



To bring your life back into balance you need to know where it’s out of balance. To set up a personal balance meter for yourself, list the different areas of your life, such as work, family, playtime, rest, and whatever categories resonate with your lifestyle. Then figure out how much time you spend in each category. Determine which areas of your life are demanding more of your emotional, mental and physical energy, and which areas are not getting enough attention. Read More . . . 

Listen to Podcast


For example, if you spend most of your time cooking, cleaning and chauffeuring the kids to all their activities, it doesn’t leave you much time for rest or play. When one area is out of balance it sends your entire life out of balance.

One reason it’s important to have your life in balance, is because being out of balance means you are out of alignment with what YOU specifically need. You can’t measure this according to anyone else’s standards, because what balance is for you could be entirely different for someone else. When you are out of balance or alignment it causes stress in the body. Cortisol, the stress hormone rushes through your system creating turmoil and destruction.

When you are in balance you are happier, life flows more smoothly and you are better able to handle difficult people and situations more easily. You also make better choices.  There are days when I work too hard and long. I keep going without stopping to eat. I always feed my cats but I neglect myself for various reasons. When I do finally stop, I grab junk food because I’ve been running on empty and I need a huge boost of energy . . . and because I’m too exhausted to cook something decent.

Finding balance is an ongoing thing. It’s not like once you find it, it’s there for good. Our lives are like a pendulum swinging back and forth always seeking the balance in the middle. That’s why it’s important to pay attention to how you feel on a continual basis. Your emotions are your guidance system so pay attention.

If you want help getting your life back into balance, I provide step-by-step guidance via personal Email Conversations Services. Get the details here.

For even more details, listen to my podcast How Organizing Your Closet Can Bring Balance to Your Whole Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment